Sunday, May 17, 2009

Send a card to a family member or friend


Today I wrote my first card for my "send a card a month to a family member or friend." I chose to send a card to my friend Kathy.

Kathy and I have been friends since our sophomore year at, what was then called, Reformed Bible College. Kathy earned a scholarship to go to RBC for free just a few days before school started and she decided on move-in day that she was going to accept the scholarship. She moved on to the floor that I was the RA of and through the year we became good friends. Our junior year (which turned out to be my last year there) we shared a room in our apartment.

Even though Kathy and I live in two different states we have still managed to be good friends. We e-mail each other fairly regularly and see each other ever six weeks or so. Twice a year we have a weekend together with two of our other college friends. I still consider Kathy one of my best friends because I know that I can always count on her to be there when I need her the most.

Kathy is going to have her first baby any day. I know that having a child will change our friendship, but I am confident that we will always be friends. I think that God made us friends and we will continue to be friends even as our families grow and we get older because we will always make time for each other.

0 comments:

Post a Comment